Traditional Chimichurri Sauce
Prep Time: 5 min
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional, for heat)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Step 1: Prepare the Herbs
- Rinse the fresh parsley leaves under cold water.
- Pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Finely chop the parsley Set aside.
Step 2: Mix the Ingredients
In a medium-sized bowl, combine the minced garlic, red wine vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, dried oregano, red pepper flakes (if using), salt, and pepper.
Stir well to thoroughly mix the ingredients.
Add the Chopped Herbs
Add the chopped parsley and cilantro leaves to the bowl with the other ingredients.
Stir until all the ingredients are well combined and the herbs are evenly distributed.
Let the Flavours Marinate
Allow the chimichurri sauce to sit at room temperature for at least 15-20 minutes to allow the flavours to meld together.
Step 3: Adjust Seasonings and Serve
Step 4: Serve and Enjoy
Use the chimichurri sauce as a vibrant and flavourful condiment for grilled meats, vegetables, or as a dressing for salads.
Store any remaining sauce in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Enjoy the bright and zesty flavours of homemade chimichurri sauce as a versatile accompaniment to enhance the taste of your favourite dishes.
This recipe allows for adjustments and variations, so feel free to experiment with the ingredient proportions and add additional herbs or spices to suit your personal preference.