Sabaa Baharat (Lebanese 7 Spice)
Baharat, the soul of Middle Eastern cuisine, enchants with its intoxicating blend of fragrant spices. A dance of cumin, coriander, and black pepper entwined with the warmth of cinnamon and cloves. This magical medley infuses meats, stews, and rice with an authentic symphony of flavors, transporting taste buds to distant lands.
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon peppercorns
- In a bowl, combine all the ground spices: cumin, coriander, nutmeg, allspice, cinnamon, cloves, peppercorns.
- Mix the spices thoroughly until well combined.
- Store the Lebanese 7 spice blend in an airtight container in a cool, dry place. Lebanese 7 spice blend will keep for up to 6 months.
Note: Adjust the proportions of each spice according to your taste preferences. The recipe can be easily scaled up or down based on your needs. Enjoy the flavors of Lebanon with this aromatic and versatile spice blend!