Moroccan Tomato side salad
This salad a perfect accompaniment for a Moroccan inspired feast, or an easy side salad to go with a great tasting steak.
Prep Time: 10 min
- 4 large tomatoes, ripe and firm
- 1 cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
Step 1: Prep tomatoes
Step 2: Make the dressing
Add the chopped cucumber and sliced red onion to the bowl with the tomatoes.
In a separate small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, ground cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper. This will create the dressing for the salad.
Step 3: Mix It together:
Pour the dressing over the tomatoes and onions in the large bowl. Gently toss everything together to ensure the tomatoes and onions are coated evenly.
Add the chopped parsley, cilantro, and mint leaves to the bowl. Toss the salad once again to incorporate the herbs throughout.